I see lots of other products that let me gain access with my cell phone. What makes Tap2Open unique?
Tap2Open is uniquely designed for shared entrances and visitation.
- Other systems use an app. This is a major inconvenience when inviting a guest. Tap2Open requires no app installation or setup. It simply works.
- Unlike systems designed for a single family, Tap2Open allows residents to see only the information they should access. For example residents can see the logs of their visitors. However they can not see the logs of residents prior to their move in date or of other residents.
- Tap2Open includes a sophisticated and easy-to-use management system for managing residents of a shared property. This management system can see all of logs as well as control the access of other residents.
- Access to individual entrances can be easily controlled by the community. For example access to shared property facilities such as a gym or swimming pool can be enabled or disabled by the community as they see fit. This allows communities to collect revenue for easy access to these facilities.
What Phones does Tap2Open work with?
Tap2Open works with any GPS enabled smartphone. Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry work just fine.
Is there any software to install?
There is no software to install for the community as a whole, its residents, or their guests.
Do we need to setup a server?
Because Tap2Open is cloud based there are no servers to setup or configure. Property managers can manage the system from anywhere.
Are my visitation logs or invitations lost if my RGO-1175 is damaged or destroyed?
Nope! All of the data is stored off site. If a controller is damaged, vandalized, or destroyed the access logs will still be available and viewable. Of course access to the entrances attached to that controller won't be possible. However once an RMA is quickly shipped to you replacement is very simple. Even the device configuration is kept off site and need not be entered into a replacement device.
Does Tap2Open support complex installations?
Yes: Tap2Open is designed for commercial use.
- The system is not limited to a single controller. The cloud-based nature of the system means that any number of RGO-1175 controllers can participate at a community. For very large communities spanning large distances this simplifies the installation and increases reliability.
- Tap2Open interfaces with most brands of video recorder hardware ensuring that license places are captured during gate entry.
- The RGO-1175 controller can be powered from a wide range of options. Often obtaining backup power from the same source as the gate actuator.
- The RGO-1175 is robust and designed for outdoor installation.
- Multiple connectivity options are available to simplify installation.
Can entrances be resident-only or guest-only? What about entrances that are closed at night?
Entrances can be designated guest only, resident only, or generally avaialble. Additionally entrances can be programmed with a schedule. Furthermore access to entrances can be restricted to certain residents and guests. This allows communities to precisely control the flow of traffic.
What happens if the power fails?
If the power fails and your entrance equipment is not on battery backup then residents and guests are notified that there is an issue and provided with instructions for alternative entry. If your entrance equipment has a battery backup our hardware can be wired to use the backup battery as well. Guests can see if there is a problem with a gate as soon as they are invited so they can plan ahead.
Do I need Internet connectivity at the entrance?
No, The RGO-1175 can be fitted with a cellular modem, 802.11 (WiFi) module, or an external Ethernet extender can be used. Alternatively the RGO-1175 can be installed at a more convenient location by using an RF repeater for the dry contacts.
Can a resident grant access to surprise guests?
Yes. At the option of the community residents can be given access to open the gate even if they are not at the gate (or even the community). This facilitates granting access to guests who simply call a person's cell phone as they normally would.
What happens when a resident moves out?
A single action will disable access for all residents in a household as well as any guests they may have invited. Access can also be temporarily disabled.
How many entrances can a Tap2Open installation have?
As many as necessary. Each RGO-1175 controller can control up to 4 entrances. An installation may have as many RGO-1175 controllers as necessary.
How many events can the system log? How much memory does the RGO-1175 have?
As part of the standard service three years worth of data is kept. The RGO-1175 doesn't require any memory for event storage.